The DigiChick

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar

Embossing machine thingie

So, I'm pretty fascinated with embossing (the stick paper in an embossing folder kind) and I also find myself pretty interested in the spellbinder shapes. What sort of machine does one get for these? Is there anything that does it all? I admit to being confuzed

Kinda done with this Jack Frost nose nipping thing... Digichick Designer Mom0fgirls's Avatar
    I'm quite fond of my cheap 50% off Cuttlebug I use it with Spellbinder dies and embossing folders (Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz and Big shot - pretty much any out there that are not too wide to fit.).

Although I do have to shim it with a couple sheets of cardstock to get it to emboss Spellbinder dies well. It cuts them no problem.

http://www.provocraft.com/products/i...p?cl=cuttlebug

My Mom has a big shot and likes it. She uses it with Spellbinders dies.

I had a actual Spellbinders machine for a few years (the ratchet mechanism finally broke). It has great squeezing power and embosses beautifully. But, I found it awkward to use. You have to feed it from behind and there is no platform to set things on - you have to hold the plates together as you feed it in. They have a new one now so maybe its better.
    Cathrine St.Clair

I'd rather be waited on hand and foot Hanging with the Chicks! fruitysuet's Avatar
    Personally I love my Big Shot, it feels a lot more solid and durable than others. However it is more bulky than the Cuttlebug, so that may be an issue.

Queen of cramming 30hrs into a 24hr day Hanging with the Chicks! wildblueeyez's Avatar
    Love my big shot! Got it on overstock cheaply.

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    Big Shot for me as well (actually it's called a Big Kick, it's the one Micheal's sells, I got it with a coupon so it was cheaper than the Big Shot at the time).

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    Aw, thank you all for your help! I just couldn't quite wrap my head around what was what Mwah!

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! Zonnestraaltje's Avatar
    I have the spellbinderd wizard and i totally love it. When the handle breaks just email the company and you get a new one What I especially love about the wizard is that it is NO PLASTIC as I used to have a zipemate one of the earlier embossing/die cuting machines and so much broke on that thing and in compare to the other machines the wizard is alot sturdier? is that the right word hahaha and you can get these now on the second hand market for a really good prize as I paid 30 euro's for the one i got for my MIL. and you have to get used to how the crank works that is for sure but it also takes up much less muscle power which I find important with artritus and cts
    hugs Ria

Snow: She knows how to manage men! Hybrid Creative Chick scrappycath's Avatar
    I also have a Cuttlebug. Love it!! Got it dirt cheap a few years ago when they allowed a 50% coupon on top of a sale price!!
    ~Cathy~

Snow: She knows how to manage men! Hybrid Creative Chick scrappycath's Avatar
    For my spellbinders to emboss, I used to use cardstock to shim it. Then I bought 2 of the Spellbinders embossing mats. That works great!
    ~Cathy~