The DigiChick

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar

Very very very old game

Beware, I'm just about to date myself!

When I was a kid, we had an Amiga computer and my brother and I used to play to this game aaaaaaaaall the time. We were so addicted that we could do the first levels without even looking.

Does someone else remember it too?

PS: notice the extremely elaborate soundtrack...

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    Oh Chloι you make MEEEE feel old! I was probably in college hanging out at the bars and drinking beer when you were playing this.

This is the video game that people played when I was a child. So sad.

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar
    LOL Donna!

Mischief managed Digital Creative Chick cardinalskate's Avatar
    These are both awesome!

Character? We have that! Hanging with the Chicks! Chel's Avatar
    Don't remember that one Chloe but soundtrack is da bomb. ROFL
    My brother and I LOVED Pong!!
    And my favorite Atari game was River Raid! Any one remember that one?

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Hanging with the Chicks! Pamie's Avatar
    HA! We had Pong too, Donna. Loved it! But my favorite Atari game was Pitfall. And my mom was like the Asteroids queen. Ack, I'm old!

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well". Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    We never had an Atari We had the cheaper alternative...Intellivision. If we weren't playing that, we were at the arcade playing Asteroids or Space Invaders. Ahhhh the good old days

Lover of all things furry and four-legged. Hanging with the Chicks! donnawells's Avatar
    We had to play Pong at the local pizza parlor. You sat across your opponent in normal chairs and the screen was a table top so you were both looking down at the table. Then later I think they updated a bit and put two screens angled toward each opponent. I thought it was coolest most modern thing ever!

OMG Donna! You just totally sparked a flash back! I remember those machines! I can't quite remember what game ours was though.....I think it was Pac Man!

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Hanging with the Chicks! Pamie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chel View Post
    OMG Donna! You just totally sparked a flash back! I remember those machines! I can't quite remember what game ours was though.....I think it was Pac Man!
    Space Invaders! At the arcade inside the Bowling Alley - ha!

You remind me of the babe Hanging with the Chicks! teachermom_Rach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseMagic View Post
    We never had an Atari We had the cheaper alternative...Intellivision.
    What does it say that I'm pretty sure we had both of these systems in our house at one time? And then when the original Nintendo came out, we had that too. And for the Atari and Intellivision, we (the kids) were really too young to do a whole lot with them...and they were attached to the little 19" tv in my parent's bedroom. lol

Spite: a perfectly acceptable reason to return a jacket *OR* refuse to change your avatar photo... Hanging with the Chicks! wishingwellcreations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamie View Post
    But my favorite Atari game was Pitfall.
    Oh, Pamie!

I knew we were separated at birth twins the moment we met. Pitfall was one of my all-time faves, too. I was also a fan of Donkey Kong.

But my most favorite of all -- and the game I could probably still whoop all yo' booties playing, to this day -- Pac Man (or Ms. Pac Man, either one). Ahhhh... to be a child in the 80s... it was the best!
    ~ Laura ~
    BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | NEWSLETTER | MY GALLERY

~ happily creating for Sugarplum Paperie, Mari Koegelenberg, and Dawn by Design ~

ah Donna....smilin here. I'm 54...and when Pong became available at retail stores, I bought one for my brothers...I didn't live at home at the time, so it had to be anywhere between '76 and '80. They were SO excited...but our stepfather hated it because of the way it was hooked up to the TV...thought it was going to bust it somehow, he said. I was going to video arcades at the malls in the early '80's to play Space Invaders...my all time fav. Eric just recently bought me an oldie but goodies arcade type game for the xbox...and Space Invaders and Galaga? something like that are on it...and I've had so much fun playing again....but I'm no where near as good as I was when I was ...a kid? LOL...memories.....
    Last edited by kimeric; 03-05-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: can't spiel tonight

That's so cool, Kim!

Loved my original Nintendo and still prefer those 2-d type games. Kim, I net we have the same game cause we have a "flashback" game and we play Gala nd Space Invaders. It's so fun!

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    I was never very good at most of those games, but I remember them well!! I loved trying Pitfall. And did anyone else enjoy Q-Bert? That's the first game that I preferred watching my dad play over trying it myself.

Anyone know this one??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYfPPlfJOZ8

Charla, I don't remember that game at all...but the game console? oh you betcha....LOL! at one point, I think my kids had them all...an original Atari (we even had a Texas Instruments thing that had games - from...1982??), original Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega system....my oldest, Jason who is now 35 still has them all, with the games...and they all still work! Won't let anyone play with them, cuz they might "break" them. Collectors items, he says.

and Kate....the minute I HEARD the space invaders game....oh man....brought it all back. Kinda like the Jaws soundtrack... bum..........bum..........bum.........bum.......bu m....bum....bum...bum...bumbumbumbum.....oh man. with the little "legs" moving in and out. I laughed so hard I cried

Q-Bert! Yes!!

Loved Q-Bert!! Oh and later there was Jr. Pacman!! Those games I could play! Today's new games just make my head hurt....old I guess!

Not all who wander are lost Administrator hollyinjapan's Avatar
    I absolutely loved Tempest. Very cool sound effects!