Hey all you crafty Chicks!
It's time for our monthly Card Template challenge.
Each month, a new card template will be posted here in the challenge forum and on The Hybrid Chick. Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to create a card using the template provided. As with any template, we want you to be inspired so feel free to improvise on the template a little to your liking.
For those of you who keep saying "I don't do Hybrid" or "I can't do Hybrid", I say give the card template a try. Think of it as a mini layout - simply add your papers, elements and a few shadows. print, cut and fold. There you go... a digital card. Next time, try cutting out one or more "parts" of the card and using some glue dots or 3D foam to adhere it to your card for real dimension. Maybe tie some ribbon around your card. And guess what? You've just created your first Hybrid project!
Ready? Here's this month's sketch.
Our sketch and template was inspired by THIS card by Artistic Avenger.
And even more beautiful inspiration from our Hybrid Chicks!
Sharyn created this card using Welcome to the World by Jenn and Nicole.
Jen made this using Hop, Skip, Jump by Jenn Barrette
by Nikki also using Hop Skip Jump
by Melissa using My Strength by Amanda & Nicole
from Cathy using Perfectly Ordinary Day by Lauren & Nicole
by Ria using Blue Jean Gypsy by Quirky Twerp and Butterfly Cutting files
by Louise using Hop Skip Jump by Jenn Barrette
and by QuietAngelsb using Lucky Me by Elise's Pieces
I can't wait to see all of your lovely creations too!
So, what are you waiting for??? You CAN do it, I know it!
Here's the fine print of the challenge:
- You must use at least 75% Digichick Goodies on your card to qualify for points.
- When you’ve finished your card, come back to this post and leave a comment with a link to your photographed card. (Feel free to use our open gallery here at the Digichick if you need a place to upload your card. We even have a spot just for challenge entries!)
- You will earn 1 Point for participating in this challenge.
- For more information about our Chickie Points System, please see this thread here.
- The deadline for this challenge is 3-31-12.