Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unloved LO

Unloved LO

Have a LO that you LOVED but you got no comments on it? I'd LOVE to see it! And I'd love to leave love on it!

So share! Leave a link to the LO in the gallery. I wanna see your pretties!

Here is one I love and had no comments - a double pager too

Oh, how nice Kate! I'm posting this to my FB wall right now.

Jenni - wow. Just wow. At first glance I thought that was a REAL poison dart frog! What an awesome job he did.

Me too!

I hadn't read the journaling thouroughly... Amazing job on the modeling, woah!!

what a GREAT thing to do!! I think that the CT's (or digichickers!?!?) here are really good, and comment a lot, which is lovely! Sometimes however, I know someone has commented on a lo, but going back to view it later, the comment isn't there - its a bit wierd and I don't know why that happens??! something to do with if you post it in a challenge gallery as well as member or designers gallery? anyway, what a star you are Kate!!

TDC's CT is awesome...all of them!

Corrin, wanna share a LO? Huh, huh, huh?!

ahh, go on then!! this one has a single solitary comment (and I am sure that it also had one by WWC who's kit I used - but thats not there now) - but I LOVE it, and think its worthy of more!!

I'm also up for any suggested improvements you might like to mention! (on any of mine!!)

Great 2 page layout Jenni! I like how it "flows" from one page to the next. Oh - and Jevaun is quite the sculptor!

I have one that I like, but haven't gotten any comments on. And actually, I'm probably looking for feedback as much as comments. I want to add some journaling and / or a title. The page is pretty on it's own, but I think a few words would make it more complete. Originally I was going to put a journal card where the bird book is - but my Mom loved birds & when I saw that as part of the kit, I had to use it. Maybe I could journal in the lower left corner - or would that clutter it up? OR - after looking at Jenni's, I'm thinking maybe a 2 page LO? A title on this page and journaling on the next?

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    what a GREAT thing to do!! I think that the CT's (or digichickers!?!?) here are really good, and comment a lot, which is lovely! Sometimes however, I know someone has commented on a lo, but going back to view it later, the comment isn't there - its a bit wierd and I don't know why that happens??! something to do with if you post it in a challenge gallery as well as member or designers gallery? anyway, what a star you are Kate!!
    If you post your LO in several galleries, this LO gets duplicated in each gallery. That's why, if someone comment in one gallery (let's say, Designer X gallery) and you check your LO in your member gallery or another gallery (for example the challenges one), you won't see the comment. The best way to make sure that you see all comments is to check the e-mail alert when you post your LOs, and then follow the link in the e-mails to get back to the comment.

Oh, and thanks for your compliments, we (and I don't think my CT collegues will disagree on this, that's why I include them in this "we") are glad you feel good here! TDC is the best community!!

oooh that is lovely little Pixie! I love that trailing vine/ivy, so pretty! I'd love to know a little more about it though, I 'm guessing this is your mum? maybe have her name somewhere on this page (could it go on the envelope somehow I wonder?), but I'm sure it would make a great 2 pager to include jourmalling.

(if you were only looking for feedback form Kate, then just ignore this post!! )

Corrin - I love the papers & alpha you used for your LO. That would be perfect for some of my grandbaby projects - I may need to go pick that up! I commented on your LO that I really like how the buttons pull your eye across the page - but I think it's worth saying again here. I also like how the papers / alpha frame your journaling.

Yes - I can see that journaling - the story behind the picture - is what my LO is lacking.

Thanks for your input Corrin. Yes, it's my Mom. I have an old photo album filled with heritage photos that I'm trying to scan... and want to eventually scrap into a book. I do think the envelope could maybe use some words (title, name, short sentence). Will be thinking what to say, and where to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Pixie View Post
    Corrin - I love the papers & alpha you used for your LO. That would be perfect for some of my grandbaby projects - I may need to go pick that up! I commented on your LO that I really like how the buttons pull your eye across the page - but I think it's worth saying again here. I also like how the papers / alpha frame your journaling.

Yes - I can see that journaling - the story behind the picture - is what my LO is lacking.
    thanks!!

and often when I have uploaded an image, and come back to it the next day, I can see things I would change before it gets printed! Sometimes I think if I have tweaked things a lot, or spent a LONG time on a lo, I sort of go blind on it, seeing it up in the gallery makes me see it differntly somehow!! Anyway, I think your lo is lovely, an I am in awe of your flower clustering!

Vynette, I think a little journaling, as long as it's not a lot, on the envelope would look great. Maybe sideways along the flap, or up and down would be good, too. I ADORE vintage LOs (not that your Mom is vintage LOL), and this one is completely gorgeous. I agree about the bird ephemera...leave it. It's perfect. Your shadowing looks great, too. Especially those florals and ribbons. Yummy!

I have one that I like, but haven't gotten any comments on. And actually, I'm probably looking for feedback as much as comments. I want to add some journaling and / or a title. The page is pretty on it's own, but I think a few words would make it more complete. Originally I was going to put a journal card where the bird book is - but my Mom loved birds & when I saw that as part of the kit, I had to use it. Maybe I could journal in the lower left corner - or would that clutter it up? OR - after looking at Jenni's, I'm thinking maybe a 2 page LO? A title on this page and journaling on the next?
    I think this layout is lovely!!! I would definitely add some journaling - if it was my layout, I would add a few lines right under the ribbon in the lower left, on the same angle as the photo, starting right about where the ribbon loops over itself. I'd right-justify it so you'd be able to snug it up against the photo. Then I think to balance it you'd have to add just one more flower, sticking out under the pink and yellow flowers and the loop of the ribbon over on that side. Um, that was a little specific....lol

Great thread Kate! I forget how much joy I get out of leaving comments on other's layouts. Probably even more joy than I get from comments on my own layouts. I thought I'd post one of mine here that I did recently. I feel a little strange, but I'm gonna go for it.

I want to add some journaling and / or a title. The page is pretty on it's own, but I think a few words would make it more complete. Maybe I could journal in the lower left corner - or would that clutter it up? OR - after looking at Jenni's, I'm thinking maybe a 2 page LO? A title on this page and journaling on the next?
    I love your page and the emphasis on the photo of your Mom. I don't think it needs a title or much journaling - it does need a little though and I agree with you - the lower left hand side - I would not angle it and have it left justified. I would not do a two pager unless I had a lot of journaling to do. I would not make the journaling 'pop' but rather have it very subtley, almost fading into the background but only just legible either in the slightly darker bit of paper lower left on the cream paper or the green of the cream paper.

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    If you have uploaded multiple copies of a LO (into the Members' Gallery as a default and then additional copies in different designer galleries or challenge galleries), then when you go back to look at that LO (and comment), you might actually be looking at a different copy of your LO. The comments don't go to each copy of your LO but only to the one that they're posted on, so if you're looking at the copy in the challenge gallery, you might have different comments on that copy than on the copy in the members' gallery.

Does that make any sense? lol

ETA...yeah, or what Chloe said!
    Last edited by sinead; 04-18-2012 at 01:13 AM.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

LOL Sinead!!

Fabulous idea, Kate! And yes, I agree that TDC is pretty amazing, especially when you stroll through the gallery. You ladies are creative geniuses! I love getting ideas from both the members and CT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast