Reason #189 Why you should always make your bed.

Because when your 1 year old nephew dials 911 when playing with the phone, you don't want the police officers who come to your house to see your messy room as they search the house for the victim who called in the emergency!
    Last edited by jennyf92; 04-30-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: And yes, there are 188 other reasons why you should always make your bed!
    Jen

Oh my!!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Hanging with the Chicks! Danyale's Avatar
    Honey, tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic
    bwahahahaha, oh gee. Did I just laugh OUT LOUD! I swear it was with you, not at you...poor thing.

Hanging with the Chicks! wishingwellcreations's Avatar
    Spite: a perfectly acceptable reason to return a jacket *OR* refuse to change your avatar photo...
    Oh Jen, this just made my day. Sorry to laugh at (near) you... but thanks for the giggle! you!
    ~ Laura ~
    BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | NEWSLETTER | MY GALLERY

~ happily creating for Sugarplum Paperie, Mari Koegelenberg, and Dawn by Design ~

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey.
    Also laughing with you here. I can't believe they searched your house! Can't decide if that's good or bad...

lol OH NOOOOOO! My bed is never made. I have mismatched bedding and it's ugly, so I figure there's no use in making it if it will be ugly even if I make it. hehe
    Hi, I'm "Meeegan"... it rhymes with "vegan."

SHOP | FACEBOOK | BLOG | NEWSLETTER

ooops!! when my nephew managed that trick, we just got phone call from the emergency services, who could then hear him chattering in the back. We got a serious telling off, and felt suitably ashamed - and thats without them turning up to search the house - poor you!

I am in the "don't usually make the bed" category - much to my mother's disgust (it goes against all her training), maybe if I heard a few of the other reasons I'd get more motivated?!?

Apparently if you make the bed as soon as you get up, it encourages the growth of dust mites and stuff in the warm, snuggly environment. So it's best to leave it until later. About bed-time works for me
    :: Jude ::
    : Creating for : The Digichick :
    : Kate Hadfield : Kim Jensen : Tickled Pink Studio : Amy Wolff :
    : My Gallery :

What a fun that will be to tell his friends when he gets older!
    Paybacks I tell you - paybacks!

I usually at least pull the bed together - not really make it. Kind of half arsed made...

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by judet View Post
    Apparently if you make the bed as soon as you get up, it encourages the growth of dust mites and stuff in the warm, snuggly environment. So it's best to leave it until later. About bed-time works for me
    Jude I am totally copy and pasting this and sending it to DH. I *knew* there was a valid reason not to...

My neighbor's boy did that when she was in the shower once. He hung up as soon as the dispatcher picked up, so they sent a patrol car to her house. Yikes!! At least you weren't getting out of the shower at the time!

Oh dear! A fun day Jen! Well our beds are generally made but I can think of a few other things I would be worried about an officer seeing when searching our house... the tornado of a toy room comes to mind... some unfinished home projects - yeah, the house is a wreck in some places. EEK!
    Trista
    Proudly creating for Etc by Danyale

I knew there had to be a valid reason...

Yikes. I am blessed that my hubby makes ours. But I just wouldn't want them in my office/scrap room EEK!