The DigiChick

Mommy to Binks, Kman & Doodle Hanging with the Chicks!

Daily 5 uploads.. ISSUE

I have only downloaded one layout today and the gallery keeps telling me I am over my daily limit of 5 downloads.. this happened to me yesterday too and a few days ago! what is up?

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Hanging with the Chicks! Pamie's Avatar
    Are you uploading to more than one gallery at a time? If you upload to your personal gallery as well as a designer (or two) gallery, it counts each copy as one upload. So if you were uploading more than 1 LO to multiple galleries, that may be the issue.

I usually upload to my member gallery, and then edit my photo to copy to the designer gallery (or galleries). That way it doesn't double count my LO. Does that help?

Disclaimer - This is just a guess and in no way a technical answer! If there's something technical going on, I'm sure Sinead will figure it out.

I did upload it to more then one gallery, but even with that.. it would only count as Three wouldn't it?
    Member Gallery, Guest Designer and cluster queen's...

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    if you were trying to upload another one to the three galleries, though... just guessing, I don't really know, LOL.

Yep, that's what usually happens. I usually upload to Member Galleries and then go back and add additional galleries. And I believe that it's a 24 hr period, not "one day", if you know what I mean.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

I will keep that in mind tomorrow when I come back to upload more! and thanks

You're welcome!

Mischief managed Digital Creative Chick cardinalskate's Avatar
    I don't mean to stir the pot, but I loaded 5 LOs this morning, and most of them had 2 designer galleries. So following the more than one gallery rule, I would have loaded 10 LOs. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Kate, it's because you're CT. I think the rules are different for staff

Hmmm. I wish I had known that LOL!! I had to hold off loading all mine because I thought I could only do five I have like 12 LOs to load the next few days. Sheesh.

Queen of cramming 30hrs into a 24hr day Hanging with the Chicks! wildblueeyez's Avatar
    You should still load only a few at a time and come back later to do a few more. Give others a few minutes of "first page gallery" fame

Quote Originally Posted by wildblueeyez View Post
    You should still load only a few at a time and come back later to do a few more. Give others a few minutes of "first page gallery" fame
    Will do. But dang, when you have so many to upload and 50 different galleries, that kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamie View Post
    Are you uploading to more than one gallery at a time? If you upload to your personal gallery as well as a designer (or two) gallery, it counts each copy as one upload. So if you were uploading more than 1 LO to multiple galleries, that may be the issue.

I usually upload to my member gallery, and then edit my photo to copy to the designer gallery (or galleries). That way it doesn't double count my LO. Does that help?

Disclaimer - This is just a guess and in no way a technical answer! If there's something technical going on, I'm sure Sinead will figure it out.
    I tried this and it still says I am over even after only downloading ONE layout! it is kinda ridiculas as I am trying to add layouts for the CT's I am on.

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    Oh man!!!
    You're not the only one to have this problem. I wish I remembered what ended up being the culprit, but if it makes you feel any better, you're not the first one to have problems like this.
    I'm trying to figure out what could help the situation...
    If you just post it as a layout for Cluster Queen's gallery, and then add a second category for Guest Designer gallery, that would count as two, at most. It might not work to try that until tomorrow, since you posted one today, but maybe?!?!?

Sorry you've found a troublesome bug!!

Empress of Random Hanging with the Chicks! juliesouthern's Avatar
    Or you can start a new gallery, but that stinks because then you don't have all your stuff in it

I'm sorry that you're having trouble. I'm looking into it to see if I can figure out why the gallery is not at least letting you load the normal 5 per day.