Smartphone with decent camera?

I need to upgrade my HTC Incredible and I'm overwhelmed with options. I'm not married to an Android phone but would consider iPhone. What I'd really like is a phone that takes decent pics and doesn't have call clarity problems.

What do you have? Why do you love it?

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

I think the new IPhone is the one with the best camera - Don't have it but will get it as soon as I get out of my current contract.
    Nathalie - eNKay Design

I still don't have a smartphone. Sadness. I hear great things about the newest iphone's camera!
    Hi, I'm "Meeegan"... it rhymes with "vegan."

SHOP | FACEBOOK | BLOG | NEWSLETTER

I just got the iPhone 4s with Sprint service. I LOVE the camera . . . the crisp, sharp photos amaze me . . . and I normally shoot with a Nikon D200, so I do understand sharp.

I'm tempted by the iPhone 4s. Thanks, Lori!! That will have to be on my list.

Let me ask you this...is there anything to protect the lens from getting scratched up/gunked up? That's the other problem that I have with my current phone (because I seem to have it in my pocket most of the time, so it's constantly being attacked by pocket lint.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Megan, neither have I! You are not alone
    Nathalie - eNKay Design

DBF has the Galaxy S2 (which was definitely much cheaper than the iphone) and the camera's pretty good I think. I might have to test it out to make sure, though. I have the Galaxy Ace and it's not as good as I hoped, the colors are sort of faded, as if there was fog or a vellum layer on top of the pic. I'm used to my Nikon bright colors so that is quite a change!

As for protecting the lens, I don't have any problem and it's in my pocket most of the time too. I just quickly clean the lens once in a while (with my shirt!) and it's all good. And before you wonder, the faded colors issue was there right in the beginning, so it's not caused by the tough treatement I give to the lens! LOL
    Last edited by chloe; 05-13-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Another vote for the Galaxy S2 - although the 3 is out (or soon, at least)
    :: Jude ::
    : Creating for : The Digichick :
    : Kate Hadfield : Kim Jensen : Tickled Pink Studio : Amy Wolff :
    : My Gallery :

Hanging with the Chicks! turtle15's Avatar
    This is your life, are you who you want to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinead View Post
    I'm tempted by the iPhone 4s. Thanks, Lori!! That will have to be on my list.

Let me ask you this...is there anything to protect the lens from getting scratched up/gunked up? That's the other problem that I have with my current phone (because I seem to have it in my pocket most of the time, so it's constantly being attacked by pocket lint.
    I have the otterbox case and it keeps my phone fully protected. The lens is actually flat though, so it could get scratched if unprotected, but it couldn't get gunked up.

Hanging with the Chicks! wishingwellcreations's Avatar
    Spite: a perfectly acceptable reason to return a jacket *OR* refuse to change your avatar photo...
    I just got an iPhone 4S this past January, and am actually loving/using the photos from it for scrapping (this is the first time I've ever used phone-camera photos, because normally they've never been worth it in the past... so that's saying a lot).

Not only is the quality of photo good, but it's also easy to get them off the camera and onto the computer. This wasn't the case in the past, either. So if you're wanting to actually use (and not just store) photos for scrapping/etc... this is a very user-friendly phone. I tried to avoid joining the iPhone nation for years, but am glad I finally gave-in.

I have an "Uncommon" case (LOVE IT!), and it seems to protect the phone well... and surrounds (though doesn't actually "cover") the camera lens. I haven't had any trouble w/ the lens getting gunky, but then again it's only in my pocket on occasion (when I go outside to play w/ my boys, for example). Normally it's in a separate pocket of my purse.
    ~ Laura ~
    BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | NEWSLETTER | MY GALLERY

~ happily creating for Sugarplum Paperie, Mari Koegelenberg, and Dawn by Design ~

Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well".
    DH has an HTC EVO and I have a Samsung Epic. His camera is probably a bit better than mine. DD and DS both have the HTC EVO 3D which will take photos and videos in 3D, although I'm still not quite sure why you need or want 3D photos LOL But DS does have a 3D tv, so maybe he can look at them on there *shrug*. I do see and hear great things about the iPhone and am considering one myself when my contract is up. Hope you find a great one!!

I have the Samsung 4G Galaxy(Droid) and it's awesome! The camera is an 8.0 mega pixel and it rawks! Here is a pic I took using the camera on my phone, and then running an app on it....

Laurie in Wisconsin
    My LOs at DST and DSA.

Whoa, awesome pic Laurie!! Love the effect. What app did you use?

Thanx Chloe! I used a combo of Instagram and Pixlr-omatic, but I'm clueless on which effects within them. I should have saved or written them down, and I'm kicking myself now for not. Gggggrrr.... But, I'm fairly new at the smart phone pic thing and editing them with apps, and typically I'm just playing around. And of course, that's when I end up with a beauty!
    Laurie in Wisconsin
    My LOs at DST and DSA.

LOL, I'm a "trial and error (and sometimes awesomeness)" kind of girl too, so don't worry! I have both apps too, so I can try to get such an effect too. It depends a lot on the original photo, though, so even applying the same filters could give a much less interesting results than this gorgeous pic!

That is very true... it all depends on the pic. Good luck and have fun! :-)
    Laurie in Wisconsin
    My LOs at DST and DSA.