Timeline banner?

I think I'm ready to create a banner for my Facebook timeline. What dimensions does it need to be? Any tips I should know?

Oh, I have created a template, but I haven't added the pic to my FB yet. Would you like to get the tp, give it a try and let me know how it works? (In other words, do you want to be my guinea pig?? LOL)
    Last edited by chloe; 06-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.

And yeah, I just used a template for my FB cover. It's scrappy goodness!

I was looking for a template, but didn't find too many, and didn't care for those. I'm surprised there aren't more. So 852x315. Time to play.

The template I have created is just the one of the cover and profile pix, so that you can create a fun design mixing the two photos, like this one, for example:

I'll send you a FB message with the file, Jamie, OK?

Make it 851 not 852. Seems like if it's off a tiny bit Facebook freaks out. You may be fine with 852, but who knows!? I had some trouble when I first tried making mine so I stuck to the 851 x 315.

Quote Originally Posted by inkspots View Post
    I was looking for a template, but didn't find too many, and didn't care for those. I'm surprised there aren't more. So 852x315. Time to play.

Facebook also likes to make it blurry and indistinct, so sharpen it nicely and save as a png 24 when you go to save for web

Bumping this up from oblivion:
    There just happen to be some timeline templates in the store that are the right size for Facebook!!
    http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Fac...Templates.html

Quote Originally Posted by Charla View Post
    Bumping this up from oblivion:
    There just happen to be some timeline templates in the store that are the right size for Facebook!!
    http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Fac...Templates.html

lol I just spotted this thread, and was gonna sa "ooh, did you see these, they worked great for me!"

Thanks for bumping Charla - I've never seen this thread

You're welcome, Jen! It was actually a spammer that bumped it, so I noticed it when I was cleaning up the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Charla View Post
    You're welcome, Jen! It was actually a spammer that bumped it, so I noticed it when I was cleaning up the thread