Versatility of TDC kits!

Have you seen the July collab "The Great Outdoors"?

Pretty themed, uh? At first I thought I'd never be able to use it, despite thinking it was the cutest kit ever, because I'm the least outdoorsy person you can think of. Well, guess which kit I used to create this LO:

That's right, this very outdoorsy/camping/forest, firecamp and dirt kit!

Now, your turn, do you have LOs that use a TDC themed kit in a non-themed LO? Like a girl kit on a boy LO, a birthday kit to scrap an everyday story, a circus-themed kit for a page about your beach vacation, ... Share them and inspired us with the versatility of TDC kits!!

A great way to change the look of a kit is to focus on one color, as I did here with the blues. And you can use blending modes to create new papers. For example, I used a dark blue starry paper for the background but blended it with a plain white cardstock to make it lighter. You can still see a hint of the stars and the blue but it's not as strong as the original paper.

Seriously, how do paper scrappers do it???

cool idea, Chloe! Gorgeous page, too!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

That sounds like a great challenge! Take a kit and use it for something other than it's theme. LOVE your LO too.....so peaceful...and relaxing ......and wonderful.....!!

Awww, thanks girls!!

(Chloe, don't want you getting worried. I moved this over to "digital chicky chat" since it's about kits )

Good idea, Charla!!

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    A great way to change the look of a kit is to focus on one color, as I did here with the blues. And you can use blending modes to create new papers. For example, I used a dark blue starry paper for the background but blended it with a plain white cardstock to make it lighter. You can still see a hint of the stars and the blue but it's not as strong as the original paper.

Seriously, how do paper scrappers do it???
    I do this ALL THE TIME with papers! I love putting 2 (or 3 or 4) papers together to make a whole new paper. Great ideas here!

Fabulous, Chloe!

oooh that is amazing Chloe!! I would never have guessed it was from that kit!

I used Dawn by Design's The Christian Child kit for a starting school layout. The yellow in the kit made me think of the school colours - although it's a much nicer, much less brash yellow than the school picked!

:: Jude ::
    : Creating for : The Digichick :
    : Kate Hadfield : Kim Jensen : Tickled Pink Studio : Amy Wolff :
    : My Gallery :

I love it Jude! Christian Child is definitely a very versatile kit! I've had enough religious events to scrap recently so I only used it for those, but I can definitely imagine myself using it for other pages. The fact that a kit has some good basic papers and elements, especially a nice alpha and some flowers or buttons, maybe a couple tags, makes it even more versatile!

Fab challenge idea and layouts!

Hanging with the Chicks! wishingwellcreations's Avatar
    Spite: a perfectly acceptable reason to return a jacket *OR* refuse to change your avatar photo...
    What a great thread, Chloe! And your layout is awesome. I just it to death.

Yours too, Jude! I love the yellows in that kit. Your page is beautiful!
    ~ Laura ~
    BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | NEWSLETTER | MY GALLERY

~ happily creating for Sugarplum Paperie, Mari Koegelenberg, and Dawn by Design ~

Thanks girls!!

Hanging with the Chicks! jacinda's Avatar
    People say "It's the thought that counts, not the gift", but couldn't people think a little bigger?
    I used this kit .......

To create these pages.....

so creative, you ladies are (channeling YODA again)

Oh, Jacinda, I remember this double pager! Beautiful, I love all those pix!!!

LOL Jen!