The DigiChick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Queen of the Littles! Hanging with the Chicks! jenbalding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccouch View Post
    For some reason, I'm only seeing Express or Priority on my phone. Weird!
    Forgot to say thank you for posting this deal! I'm totally going to buy a Cameo for my belated bday present!
    I think I'm buying one for an early birthday present for myself

Quote Originally Posted by inkspots View Post
    OK, downloaded the software to my laptop--new since I last used my Silhouette--and I've been playing for almost two hours now with some print and cut. My printer is acting up, but at least I can practice. Since the machine is so loud, I'll have to wait until the morning to cut, but I'm almost there. Now so long as my machine doesn't eat my paper, I think I'll be good to go--that's been my problem in the past. I'm starting small though and using HP Everyday Photo Matte, so it's light weight. If this works, I may move on the my Bazzill. And if all goes well, I'll actually have a project to post.
    can't wait to see

this has turned into a fun thread

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! inkspots's Avatar
    Go for it Jen! (Just don't let it sit in the box for years, then on the shelf for another couple.)

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar

Once again, I'm running into issues. I can't get my machine to work at all. I did an initial cut, but it was WAY off and yet I can't get it to find the registration marks.Any suggestions? I suppose on the bright side, I did get my printer to print correctly.

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    I did it!!
    Order placed

I was able to pick up a bunch of vinyl & an extra download card on the cheap. They've got a great sale going on right now + the 25% off. woo hoo!! I'm bummed that it won't ship till late July, but it's all good. I'm excited to be saving so much on it!

Kinda done with this Jack Frost nose nipping thing... Digichick Designer Mom0fgirls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inkspots View Post
    Once again, I'm running into issues. I can't get my machine to work at all. I did an initial cut, but it was WAY off and yet I can't get it to find the registration marks.Any suggestions? I suppose on the bright side, I did get my printer to print correctly.
    My first thought - did you select Silhouette SD on the registration mark page before you printed it? (the box at the bottom lets you choose Auto, Cameo or Silhouette SD).

I've found out that for some printers - leaving it on auto does not work (my printer scales up the size and does not print all of the last registration mark if it is on auto - then the machine can't find it). The SD registration marks are 3 "L" shaped marks. The Cameo one has a little square in one corner.

Also - sometimes the system just gets wonky and you have to close the program and re-open it to get it straightened out. That usually only happens when I'm manipulating a bunch of files though.
    Cathrine St.Clair

Kinda done with this Jack Frost nose nipping thing... Digichick Designer Mom0fgirls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccouch View Post
    I did it!!
    Order placed

I was able to pick up a bunch of vinyl & an extra download card on the cheap. They've got a great sale going on right now + the 25% off. woo hoo!! I'm bummed that it won't ship till late July, but it's all good. I'm excited to be saving so much on it!
    Yay!!!!
    Cathrine St.Clair

Woo-hoo Christine! I'm so tempted to purchase, especially with my issues right now. (little early Christmas gift and all)

Cathrine, I have the original silhouette, is that the same as the SD? The registration marks printed. Do I need the robo craft software, maybe? I'm going to see if that's the issue. I'll double check which registration marks were placed too, but I'm pretty positive it wasnt marked for Cameo. I'm going to try a couple other things, including trying to cut from my older laptop.

ETA: It worked!!!! I cut it on my older laptop, but I think I figured out what the problem was. The cuts were a tad off, but I LOVE it!!!!! Here's hoping I can get a project done tonight Cathrine.

Now, how does one take a png file and cut it out?
    Last edited by inkspots; 07-11-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Snow: She knows how to manage men! Hybrid Creative Chick scrappycath's Avatar
    Jamie - so glad you got it working!!! You can calibrate the machine if the cuts are off. Looking forward to see your projects!

Christine - Yippee!! Can't wait to see your creations too!
    ~Cathy~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123