The DigiChick

Queen of chaos Hanging with the Chicks! Nathalie's Avatar

spin off: Silhouette accessories

I need to buy 3 tools for the cameo, the scraper, the hook and the spatula, or what it is called. I went to the silhouette homepage, $17.95 + shipping - BUT - they don't ship to Australia. I checked stores here in Australia - the same 3 tools - $45 + shipping..
    Nathalie - eNKay Design

Snow: She knows how to manage men! Hybrid Creative Chick scrappycath's Avatar
    Look in the paint aisle of a craft/art store. They usually have small spatula type tools for measuring/mixing paints. They come in different shapes too - some with a pointed end (for working with different mediums). And they are much cheaper. That's what I use. No need to buy the hook - since the paint spatula has a pointy end, I can grab things with that.

As for the scraper - do you mean the squeegee thing for vinyl application? Use a credit card. Works for me!
    ~Cathy~

See the tiniest spatula on the left? That's the shape that I use. Actually mine's a slight bit more pointy. Works great!

~Cathy~

Squirrel!! Hanging with the Chicks! ccouch's Avatar
    Good to know Thanks, Cathy!!

I'm debating ordering the Silhouette ($269) or the Starter Kit ($279) both from Amazon. The Kit comes with an extra blade, extra mat, and some pen set & pick me up tool. Sounds like a no brainer, but....the Starter Kit doesn't ship for 1-3 weeks. :gah:

Queen of chaos Hanging with the Chicks! Nathalie's Avatar
    Thanks ladies, I knew I could count on you!
    Nathalie - eNKay Design

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! melissaj17's Avatar
    I REALLY want to get a Cameo...maybe I should start laying hints for my birthday in August....

Quote Originally Posted by ccouch View Post
    Good to know Thanks, Cathy!!

I'm debating ordering the Silhouette ($269) or the Starter Kit ($279) both from Amazon. The Kit comes with an extra blade, extra mat, and some pen set & pick me up tool. Sounds like a no brainer, but....the Starter Kit doesn't ship for 1-3 weeks. :gah:
    Only $10 more to include the started kit? Go for it!!
    ~Cathy~