Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

2012 Homecoming Parade

Welcome to our very special Homecoming Parade!

Here at The Digichick, our history is rich with talent and we’ve put together a special parade to showcase some of that talent. Joining us, as honored guests (and alumni!), are some of the former designers who have spent time at The Digichick.

The team (Hybrid Chicks, site CT, Admin and even a few of our current Designers) have all been busy creating Parade Floats to represent our Alumni & Current TDC Designers.

Each parade float was created using only that Designer's designs and items from the Hybrid category here at The Digichick Shop. We challenged the team to get out those rubber stamps, inks, dies, Silhouette machines, punches, impression plates, copics, cardstock, buttons, ribbon, tinsel, shiny stuff, etc. to create their parade float. The sky was the limit!

We will be tossing candy (AKA Coupons) from these parade floats. There is also a "Where are they now?" feature.

Let the Parade begin!
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-18-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Current TDC Designer Sherwood Studio

Bio:

• What is your design name? Sherwood Studio
    • How long have you been at TDC? Since October, 2010.
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. Sitting in the virtual corner with my digi-friends drinking virtual mimosas and cracking real jokes :waving at the corner club:
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! You do realize that picking out a "favorite" kit is going to make all of the other kits jealous, right? They are all my favorites. Each one has been inspired by a memory or event that is significant to me. So I will just pick one out of my virtual hat - and the winner is :drumroll: In His Garage (my husband spends a lot of time in his garage, and very nice things come out of there to make my life better!)

Float created by TDC CT Teresa (Tropt)

Parade Float Credits:
    Thriftique The World Bazaar by Sherwood Studios
    World Bazaar Menagerie by Sherwood Studios
    4x6 Prints Box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

And here's a little Parade "candy" for you from Sherwood Studio:
    $2 off $5 use code: STASHCASH_2OFF
    Last edited by sinead; 08-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.

Alumni Mari Koegelenberg

Bio:

• What is your design name? Mari Koegelenberg
    • When were you at TDC? 2008-2012
    • Share a happy memory that you have of your time at TDC. All the love in the back end...lol The Chicks are all such a lovable bunch!
    • Where are you selling now? (Or, if you aren't selling now, have you moved on to other passions?) I am at Sweet Shoppe Designs.

Float created by Melissa (melissaj17)

Parade float credits:
    Berry Sweet by Mari Koegelenberg
    Sweet Birdhouse templates by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Easter Basket templates by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Last edited by sinead; 08-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Current TDC Designer Charm Box Studios

Bio:

• What is your design name? Charm Box Studios (Charm is a combination of Charla's and Michelle's names)
    • How long have you been at TDC? designing since May 2012. Charla's been an active part of TDC since January, 2006, with a few years on the CT and a couple as admin! Michelle's been a part of TDC since Sept 2009 as a designer and admin.
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. From Charla: Oh my goodness, how can I just name one? When Darla chose my layout as Layout of the Day (or week? I don't remember), or when Kim brought me on to the CT, or when Nicole brought me on as admin, or when I shared my pregnancy news for Bekah or Hudson...
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! We both say Charmstagram, definitely. We had SO much fun working on it, and now it's so much fun to play with!!

Float created by Admin. and Hybrid Chick LuAnn (wildblueeyez)

Parade Float Credits:
    Whimsical Frames 1 by Charm Box Studios
    Party Flag [hybrid templates] by Girl Boy Girl Designs
    Gable Box template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Alumni Emily Card (mle Card)

Bio:

• What is your design name? mle Card
    • When did you sell at TDC? April 2009
    • Where are you currently selling? Scrap Orchard

Float created by Hybrid Chick Kim (jknath)

Parade Float Credits:
    Pretty Ponies digital kit by Emily Card
    Rose in Bloom Template Set and cutting files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Heart Cup Template Set and cutting files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

And here's a little Parade "candy" from Emily Card:
    Take $1 off entire order. Through 9/1, use code: TDC_01
    here: mleCard's shop
    Last edited by sinead; 08-17-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Alumni Bella Gypsy

Bio:

• What is your design name? Bella Gypsy Designs
    • How long have you been at TDC? April 2012 until August 2012
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. It may not seem happy, but to me it was. When I had surgery this year, I was in so much pain and wanted to vent somewhere in private and didn't know who to turn to. The wonderful staff at TDC listened and supported me through it all. I didn't expect to make such amazing friends at TDC, but I did. The CT, admin and designers are a group of women who have a lot of love to offer.
    • Where are you selling now? Scrap Orchard

Float created by TDC CT Jaime (azrood)

Parade Float Credits:
    The Little Things by Bella Gypsy
    Yet To Be by Bella Gypsy
    Sweet Birdhouse Template Set and Cutting Files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Rose In Bloom Template Set and Cutting File by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Last edited by sinead; 08-17-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Alumni Nicole Seitler (Sugarplum Paperie)

Bio:

• What is your design name? Sugarplum Paperie
    • When were you at TDC? From August of 2008 until February of 2012
    • Share a happy memory that you have of your time at TDC. Golly. I have too many to share just one... but my favorite memory was probably the year that we closed down the site to upgrade the shop and hosted a day long chat for everyone who was sooooo bored without their favorite forum. We made videos to entertain one another and had lots of laughs. It's always a good time when you hang out with the chicks!
    • Where are you selling now? (Or, if you aren't selling now, have you moved on to other passions?) I am currently selling at the Sweet Shoppe. I wish I had more time for knitting though... still not able to squeeze that in. But I am designing like mad again!

Float created by Hybrid Chick Joana (joana1)

Parade Float Credits:
    A New Chapter: Collection by Sugarplum Paperie
    Cozy House Card by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Square Paper Lantern [hybrid template] by Girl Boy Girl Designs
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Current TDC Designer Etc. by Danyale

Bio:

• What is your design name? Etc by Danyale
    • How long have you been at TDC? Since April, 2011.
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. Almost any day in the forum with these ladies around here. They make me smile so much, that LOL takes on a real life form just sharing snippets of our day together. I also love me a little virtual corner "time-out" with the gang drinking virtual mimosas while cracking real jokes :waving at the other ladies in the corner club:
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! Oh goodness, this one always makes me freeze! I will admit that all of my "Sugar Sands Beach" kits still hold a special place in my heart. This collection share pieces of my life here along the coast, so what its there not to love about them!

Float created by TDC CT Chel (Chel)

Parade Float Credits:
    Love Lines by Etc. by Danyale
    Family Reunion by Etc. by Danyale
    Renewal by Etc. by Danyale

Please enjoy this Parade "candy" from Etc. by Danyale:

$1 off your order. Use code: afterparty_1off
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Alumni Cheryl Ashcraft (Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs)

Bio:

• What is your design name? Fiddle-Dee-Dee Designs
    • When were you at TDC? February 2010 to June 2011
    • Share a happy memory that you have of your time at TDC. I always loved the relaxed atmosphere, and feeling like "one of the girls." We were always joking around and having a great time. One thing I remember was always joking with LuAnn about scooting over so I could have more room on the TDC couch.
    • Where are you selling now? Scrap Orchard

Float created by Hybrid Chick Sharon (quietangelsb)

Parade Float Credits:
    Fuss Free: Pennants 2 by Fiddle-dee-dee Designs
    Fuss Free: Shake It 2 by Fiddle-dee-dee Designs
    Luv Bug Car Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Scalloped Borders by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Tall Box by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

Enjoy this little Parade "candy" from Fiddle-dee-dee-Designs:
    50% off your next order of $10 or more atFiddle-dee-dee with this code: fdd_alumni_party
    Last edited by sinead; 08-17-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Current TDC Designer eNKay Design

Bio:

• What is your design name? - eNKay Design
    • How long have you been at TDC? - Selling at TDC since July 2011, forum member since January 2007
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. - Being here at TDC! The love and support of customers, forum users, and TDC staff is unique!
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! - Cannot link you up just yet; It is Comic, will be released August 1st

Float created by Nathalie herself! (eNKay Design)

Parade float credits:
    A Blooming Lot by eNKay Design
    A Perfect Day by eNKay Design
    Love in the Park by eNKay Design
    Gotta Dance & Sing Papers by eNKay Design
    Perfect Pumpkin template and cutting files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

Please enjoy this little Parade "candy" from eNKay Design:

additional 10% off with this code: enkay_pa10
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Alumni Karen Lewis

Bio:

• What is your design name? Karen Lewis Designz
    • When were you at TDC? Oct 2007 Jan 2009 & then Jan 2010 Jan 2012
    • Share a happy memory that you have of your time at TDC. I think for me the thing that stands out the most about my time with TDC is the great sense of comradery and friendship that exists between the designers.
    • Where are you selling now? Scrapbookgraphics http://shop.scrapbookgraphics.com/Karen-Lewis/

Float created by Cathy (scrappycath)

Parade float credits:
    Beautiful Morning by Karen Lewis
    Life is Good by Karen Lewis
    Sophia by Karen Lewis
    Wordart Subway Style no. 1 by Karen Lewis
    Sweet Birdhouse template set and cutting files by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

Last edited by sinead; 08-17-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Current TDC Designer Quirky Twerp

Bio:

• What is your design name? Quirky Twerp
    • How long have you been at TDC? Hmmmm....I'm not sure! Two years? (Three years according to Michelle!)
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. My happy memory would be the fun threads that get going and we all get kind of crazy!
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! Ancienne Vivid Most people like Ancienne Natural but I love bright colors so I'm more partial to the vivid version.

Float created by Hybrid Chick Morag (cropkat)

Parade Float Credits:
    Vintage Charm by Quirky Twerp
    Fabrications de Joie by Quirky Twerp
    Hexagon Box template set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

Enjoy this Parade "candy" from Quirky Twerp:

40% off your order with code quirkyfun
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Alumni Jacque Larsen

Bio:

• What is your design name? - Paper Pieces by Jacque
    • When were you at TDC? - 2006? My very first store where I debuted as designer (and scrapbooker the year before that for THAT matter!)
    • Share a happy memory that you have of your time at TDC. - My very first digi home and home it always felt like. Happy, friendly faces always welcoming and encouraging. I've made life long friends at TDC that are still my besties today!
    • Where are you selling now? (Or, if you aren't selling now, have you moved on to other passions?) - I currently sell at The-LilyPad and have been there since I left TDC. http://www.the-lilypad.com/store/man...ufacturerid=16

Float created by Hybrid Chick Bonnie (ladyb)

Parade float credits:
    Funland Elements by Jacque Larsen
    Kraft Cards by Jacque Larsen
    My Lucky Charms by Jacque Larsen
    Painted Ponies paper pack by Jacque Larsen
    Sweet Stickers by Jacque Larsen
    Sweet Stuff by Jacque Larsen
    Cupcake shaped box template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Current TDC Designer Wishing Well Creations

Bio:

• What is your design name? Wishing Well Creations (and my name is Laura)
    • How long have you been at TDC? About a year and a half -- I arrived here in the nest in March 2011.
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. Until I arrived at TDC, I hadn't scrapped in forever. My mojo was blocked or something. This place is just boiling over in creativity and inspiration, though, and shortly after I got here I started scrapping again all the time and filling my gallery up once again. I just love the community here, and being here just makes me happy, and the whole package just makes me and feel creative and want to scrap all the time.
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! Wow, that's tough. I always tend to love whatever I am working on right now the best! But there is a special place in my heart for both Owen's Room and Brady's Room, because they're based on my kids' bedrooms -- and especially since our family is moving across country right now and leaving the house/rooms that inspired those kits, I am feeling especially nostalgic about them at the moment!

Float created by Hybrid Chick Nikki (NikkiFB)

Parade Float Credits
    Picket Fences by Wishing Well Creations
    I Heart My Dad Mini by Wishing Well Creations
    Brady's Everday Life Papers by Wishing Well Creations
    Brady's Everyday Life Solids by Wishing Well Creations
    Brady's Journal Cards by Wishing Well Creations
    Mini Mailbox template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Matchbooks template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Milk Carton template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff

How about a little "candy" from Wishing Well Creations?

$1 off any order - code: WWC_parade_10ff
    (expires 8/31/2012)
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:16 PM.

August Guest Andrea (Lifescapes Templates)

Bio:

• What is your design name? Lifescapes
    • How long have you been at TDC? as a designer, only since July of this year. July is also the anniversary of my CT gig here. So I was CT for exactly one year before being taken on as a guest designer.
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. I stepped down briefly when my husband was deployed, but never really left. For a couple of months, I was just a hanger-on. Then my husband unexpectedly came back, and I was asked to come back on as a CT member. Just, the level of love and support I've had here is something I've never experienced before.
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! The http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Wor...he-Bundle.htmlWork it on Out bundle is my favorite, because it was so much fun to make. And also because it started out as templates, and then went down its own road.

Float created by CT Corrin

Parade Float Credits:
    Story-Starters - Bright Ideas by Lifescapes Templates
    Lifescapes Homegurl font by Lifescapes Templates
    BA Color Papers by Lifescapes Templates
    Work It On Out - Papers by Lifescapes Templates
    Work It On Out - Alpha by Lifescapes Templates
    Let's Strip - Templates by Lifescapes Templates
    Candy Dispenser by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs

And here is a little bit of "parade candy" for you from Lifescapes:

Take 50% off your order with this code: LS-parade-50
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Current TDC Designer Elise's Pieces

Bio:

• What is your design name? Elise's Pieces Designs
    • How long have you been at TDC? I came to TDC originally in April 2009! Wow, that's a long time!
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. Every time I see one of our team collabs all together on the preview, I get a little teary. No, really, I do. I just love how all of our different styles mesh so well, and that everyone seems to really pull out the stops with their contributions. Seriously amazing. And I love being a little part of that.
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/We-Are-In-Love.html We Are in Love-- it's just so happy and lovey! <3

Float created by Hybrid Chick Indah (inskidahv)

Parade Float Credits:
    Savannah by Elise's Pieces
    Fancy Bag Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-19-2012 at 02:46 PM.

August Guest and Alumni Gina Miller

Bio:

• What is your design name? Gina Miller Designs
    • When were you at TDC? It was the first store I sold at! That means… early Summer 2005!
    • Share a happy memory that you have of your time at TDC. I remember making friends who shared the same passion for scrapbooking as me, and that was awesome! I was at home with two babies under two and felt like TDC was my connection to the outside adult world on most days.
    • Where are you selling now? (Or, if you aren't selling now, have you moved on to other passions?) My personal site remains open (though not frequently updated: www.ginamillerdesigns.com) I also sell at The LilyPad!

Float created by Hybrid Chick Jen (JKL Designs)

Parade Float Credits:
    Lemongrass by Gina Miller Designs
    Piccadilly by Gina Miller Designs
    Chunkie Animals Sticker Pack by Gina Miller Designs
    Star Spangled template set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs

Please enjoy this Parade "candy" from Gina Miller Designs at the LilyPad:
    $5 off next GMD order at The LilyPad. Use code: GMD-5
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Current TDC Designer Girl Boy Girl Designs

Bio:

• What is your design name? Girl Boy Girl Designs [by Jen Balding]
    • How long have you been at TDC? I started out as a hybrid chick way back in 08, but just joined the design team in May of this year!
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. I think it would have to be the day I was offered a position on the design team...I was so excited (and still am)!
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! That one is tough! I'd have to say "Curiosity" right now, but it constantly changes

Float created by TDC CT Chloe (chloe)

Parade Float Credits:
    Super Me by Girl Boy Girl Designs
    Super Me Heroes by Girl Boy Girl Designs
    Super Me Alphas by Girl Boy Girl Designs
    Cut It Out Styles by Michelle Batton
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Current TDC Designer Kim (Stellajane Design)

Bio:

• What is your design name? stellajane design
    • How long have you been at TDC? Just started this July!
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. So far it has been when I was offered a spot on this talented team! Looking forward to creating many more happy memories.
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? My 1st kit, the Aloha Spirit is definitely my fav as I had the idea for this kit since I first travelled to Hawaii.

Float created by TDC CT Trista

Parade Float Credits:
    Aloha Spirit by Stellajane Design
    Aloha Spirit Surf Pack by Stellajane Design
    Aloha Spirit Snorkel Pack by Stellajane Design
    Cozy House Card Template by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Current TDC Designer Michelle Batton

Bio:
    • What is your design name? Michelle Batton
    • How long have you been at TDC? I was here from Sept 2009-March 2010 as a designer. After a little break, I came back in Aug 2011 as an admin and then started designing here again in April 2012.
    • Share a happy memory that you have had here at TDC. When Sinead took over ownership and not only asked me to stay on as an admin, but invited me back as a designer as well. In general, I just love how friendly and helpful everyone is!
    • What is your favorite kit that you have in the shop right now? Link us up! As far as my kits go, I have a sweet spot in my heart for Adventure is Out There. But my favorite product is definitely my Paper Blocks A to Z set

Float created by Admin Charla

Parade Float Credits:
    Hexagon Box Template Set by Kelleigh Ratzlaff
    I Heart to Swim by Michelle Batton

Please enjoy this Parade "candy" from Michelle Batton:

Take an additional 10% off your order with code: batton-tenoff
    Last edited by wildblueeyez; 08-17-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast