The DigiChick

Snow: She knows how to manage men! Hybrid Creative Chick scrappycath's Avatar

Another Travel Journal

Still creating even while the server is down. My family is leaving for Wyoming on Saturday. I always take a journal with me to record all the stuff about our trips. I was in a panic, that I didn't have a journal for this trip. The Great Outdoors collab made it easy for me to create one! I love the cut files that Cathrine of Paper Garden Projects included in the collab. I cut a bunch, used some to decoupage to my cover and I cut extras to take to "Smash"/add in my journal as I write.

I used just a few elements from a kit by WM Squared Designs and Kristin Cronin Barrow too. I decoupaged the covers to chipboard to make it nice and sturdy. Inside my journal I have graph paper for writing/sketching, envelopes and different sized folder/pockets - to keep the extra elements to Smash, and to store goodies we get on the trip like tickets, maps, etc. Then I used my Bind-it-all to put it all together on some o-wires. The big band around it is a K&Company Smash book accessory, so is the pen/gluestick.

Now I just need to get the laundry done so I can pack some clothes for the trip!
    ~Cathy~

Awesome!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Love your Smash book travel journal! It looks great and what a fun way to document your trip. Have fun.........

~ Arlene

Thanks so much gals!!
    ~Cathy~

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar
    Love it Cathy!!

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcam, and Jersey. Hanging with the Chicks! Pamie's Avatar
    It's beautiful! Wow!

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! stevens89's Avatar
    So creative! I love it Cathy!

Queen of cramming 30hrs into a 24hr day Hanging with the Chicks! wildblueeyez's Avatar
    awesome job Cathy! I've been pinning away on Pinterest and think I want to make one. or two. or ten

have a great time!!!

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well". Hanging with the Chicks! IntenseMagic's Avatar
    That is so cool! Love it!! And have a great time!

Super Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! inkspots's Avatar
    Love it! What size are those pockets? I knew there was something I forgot to ask hubby for

My mischief is only intermittently managed. Hanging with the Chicks! dawnfarias's Avatar
    Awesome.

Kinda done with this Jack Frost nose nipping thing... Digichick Designer Mom0fgirls's Avatar
    Wow! This is so wonderful Cathy!

We just got back from that area - had a wonderful time! I took notes in a plain journal, but the girls used some of those elements in their scrapbooks. I'm pretty excited to use that collab for scrapping my vacation picks.
    Cathrine St.Clair

Quote Originally Posted by inkspots View Post
    Love it! What size are those pockets? I knew there was something I forgot to ask hubby for
    The pockets are Avery 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". I tired to find a link to the product, but couldn't. I also used some of the Avery adhesive pocket tabs
    these and these
    ~Cathy~

Quote Originally Posted by Mom0fgirls View Post
    Wow! This is so wonderful Cathy!

We just got back from that area - had a wonderful time! I took notes in a plain journal, but the girls used some of those elements in their scrapbooks. I'm pretty excited to use that collab for scrapping my vacation picks.
    Awesome Cathrine! Can't wait to see your pages!!!
    ~Cathy~