Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Really Bad Morning

Just a half hour ago our neighbor was banging on our door and ringing our doorbell. (6am) I wasn't sure what was up, my husband ran out of the door... he came back with our kitty who had been badly attacked by a dog in the neighborhood... he was alive for a little while... just a few mins and he died. Last night he was cuddled up in our bed sleeping right next to me. This was our baby. We have had these cats longer than we've had out daughter. We buried him in the backyard with some rubber bands which were his favorite toy. He really was a loved cat and it's really like losing a family member. Our other cat, Ambrose, (his brother) is acting weird, but I know it's because he knows what happened. It's so sad... they've always been together ever since they were kittens. I'm a little worried about him, but we'll be sure to show him extra love. Losing this cat is like losing a family member. I just can't believe it. Here is his little Catster Page:

http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=147793

OOOoh, man... I'm so sorry! It's a tragedy, it really is, when something so unexpected happens to our pets. You poor thing (((hugs))).

Aww sweetie, that's TERRIBLE! I'm so sorry about this. It's bad enough to lose a pet, but to lose it so tragicly... I feel awful for you. Huge hugs from me! :60:

*HUGS*

I've lost cats to the Rainbow Bridge, and it's not easy even if you expect it.

*HUGS*

I still can't scrap the loss of my cat Alokut, and she passed away in July 2002.

Rachel

I'm so sorry!!
    Deena
    Currently on hiatus from creative teams
    because well, college is a mojo stealer!

I'm so sorry - it's so hard to lose a pet, and especially in such a tough way. (((((Hugs)))))

Unhappy

Soooooo sorry for you and your family... It's always terrible to loose an animal... HUGS!

Oh no!! What a terrible way to wake up this morning. I am so sorry that you had to go through that! Losing a pet is always difficult.

(this is one of those, "not-really-sure-what-to-say" thoughts) Indulge in something that you LOVE this afternoon. I know it won't erase the sadness, but it might give you a lifted spirit, even if just for a moment.
    I will pray that your day is filled with comfort and peace.

Yeah, I worry that some people will think "Jeeze lady, it's just a cat" but I really feel like I've lost a family member. It's going to be so different without him. He was part of our family. He moved with us, slept with us, cuddled us, annoyed us, he was just like a kid. I just hate that he died in such a horrible way. I'd rather him be hit by a car.. something quick, not being attacked by dogs... I'm looking around for little "memorial" stones that they have for pets that have passed away to put in the garden I'm going to plant for him. Our other cat is hiding under the bed. He was outside when it happened, so I'm not sure if he saw it or what. When we opened the door he ran inside and hid under our bed... usually he comes to get some food. I'm hoping he'll be ok. He isn't injured or anything, but I'm sure he knows that something bad has happened. These cats were so close... they slept on top of eachother... played together, it's just so sad.

i am so sorry! (((HUGE HUGS))) it's never easy to lose a loved one!! (((MORE HUGS)))

president, songbird avenue, inc.
    digital designs at twopeasinabucket.com

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Even thinking about something like that happening to a pet is just too much. I hope you're doing okay, and that your other kitty pulls out of this.
    Vicki

Check out my gallery!

Lil' Sweetie made by Mindy Terasawa!
    Background elements from Robin Carlton's "Home" kit.
    Letter stamp by Rebecca Digrazio at SBB. Font is MA Sexy.

Oh Leah I am so sorry about you losing your cat. That is an awful thing to wake up to. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Try Terry's Village for memorial stones, one of my good friend's dog died in October & she found a beautiful little statue on their website & had it engraved with her name & info. I think they have them for dogs & cats.
    ~Shawna
    My Blog

Creating for:
    Amanda Heimann :: Melissa Bennett :: Kim Wresh

Oh man...I'm so sorry this happened like this. I've never had a pet, but reading this made my eyes tear up. I know she will be dearly missed and I hope your other cat gets through this ok.
    *~*karen*~*

~~~> Click HERE for a good time <~~~

:omg_smile I am sooooo sorry for the loss! What a horrible thing! I hope you're feeling better soon..... :60: ((((HUGS))))

I'm so sorry, Leah. I know that you're devastated.

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Thanks for the info on the other site. I've been looking around all morning.

Our other cat, Ambrose, has come out of hiding and has been very cuddly. I let him out for 30 mins (I stayed outside) and he's back in the hosue with us. It was so sad watching him outside, looking around for the Christopher...

I'm about to write a thank you card to our neighbor. She is the one who heard the fight and ran the dogs off and woke us up. I'm so happy she did, if she wouldn't have he would have died all by himself... thankfully he died with us.

A pet is not "just a cat", Leah - we DO understand! They are family members and missed dreadfully when they are gone!
    (((hugs))) to you and your family! And to your other sweet kitty member of the family!

Oh Leah, I am so sorry for your loss.
    Rachael Giallongo **
    Blogging at RachaelGiallongo.com

Oh Leah, what a tragedy..... {{hugs}} to you, and a special belly rub for Ambrose....
    Cassie

So sorry

I'm so sorry you lost your kitty cat. One of mine was hit by a car a few years ago. It's such a shock when something like this happens. My pets are my 'other children.' I buried Sasha in my backyard, too. And I cried for days.

My heart truly goes out to you.

Love,
    Mom2fur

PS--Ambrose reminds me of my other cat, Nutmeg. She wasn't a particulary affectionate cat until we lost Sasha. Then she became all lovey-dovey. Nobody is going to tell me animals don't understand what we're feeling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast