The DigiChick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ChristineS
    Guest Unregistered / Not Logged In

bloggers - do you know about slide.com

have you seen the slide shows popping up on blogs (like Laura's?) You can put one on @ slide.com -- I put my kit previews in my header. I'm feeling sorta GEEKY today so I had to tell ya' all LOL.

This is where you start --
    http://www.slide.com/arrange
    ignore the myspace part -- just add in your photos one at a time and when you're through, hit the DONE button and you'll get the code to paste into your blog or website or whatever.

HINT -- to change the orientation of your show from horizontal to vertical, just switch those numbers in the code you are given. Just paste into notepad to edit, recopy and paste into your desination

HAVE FUN

Chatty Super Star Users Awaiting Email Confirmation MarshaZepeda's Avatar
    That looks really cool, Christine! Thanks! I'll have to mess with that later.... {never thought to do kit previews, lol!}

crazy busy chick Hanging with the Chicks! thequeenofquirk's Avatar
    yeah, i have it, too! LOVE it! www.jancrowley.typepad.com

president, songbird avenue, inc.
    digital designs at twopeasinabucket.com

ChristineS
    oh for crying in the beer -- I always have to tweak things ONE TOO MANY times and now I've made my slide show magically DISAPPEAR. Ugh. I have to go out of the house for now but I'll figure out how to get it back later on. The code on the 'ol blogger.com site is a little intimidating to me, LOL

I discovered slide the other day on Kristin's blog and just had to get one for myself! I'm loving it!

ROck on! I've seen those and kept meaning to ask someone how they were done. Cool beans! Thanks for sharing!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

Thanks for the heads up!
    Rachael Giallongo **
    Blogging at RachaelGiallongo.com

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! RachelS's Avatar
    gee... i could've used this post yesterday... it took me about an hour to figure out how to do it and make the slide show vertical for my blog!
    ~Rachel Solenberg
    My Gallery

I downloaded it last weekend but then kind of didn't know where to go from there......and was hoping for a thread like this....thanks Christine! Going to play with it tonight!
    ~ Darla ~

♥ Also Creating for ♥ SSD

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Rynonut Mom's Avatar
    I want to add one too!
    I have a question though... once you have it set up, is it saved somehow so that you can go back and add each new layout to it without starting over? Do you have to create an account then? I looked at the site some, but couldn't figure that out. I wouldn't want to have to keep redoing it each time I wanted to add a layout. Anyone know?

just got one last week..

Michelle..yup you create an account there. then just add your images to it when your logged into slide.com...then republish yoru blog!...its really sweet!
    Deanna
    deanna hall photography

Im so far behind in scrapping..its not FUNNY! its been over a year!:26:

i'm so lazy
    meant to do this for weeks...
    ~amyjo~

**that's my blog - and there's cool stuff there**
    i have 176 pages done so far this year AND I started my PAPER altered art journal for Easter this year - 6 pages so far!!

also when doing it, make sure to click the "email" button or whatever it is that way you are emailed the link so that you can make changes.

Always A Chick To Us! Hanging with the Chicks! nbeaudreau's Avatar
    Thanks for pointing out this cool slide show! This is all new to me. I just started a blog this week. I have question for you pros. Where do you put the code once you have your slide show ready?? Can you please help a blog newbie??!

ChristineS
    Nikki, I put my code just below my header (finally got it to reappear and I SERIOUSLY do not know why is disappeared still but I'm not TOUCHING it again, LOL) or you can put it in your sidebar if you swap the numbers for the horizontal and vertical size. One of my CT gals has one like that --
    http://shellysscrapcreations.typepad.com/shellys_space/

Always A Chick To Us! Hanging with the Chicks! nbeaudreau's Avatar
    Muchas Gracias, Chirstine! I should have know it was that easy! I'm off to go and try it out!!

Oh yes - LOL - I saw it on someone else's blog and had to rush out and do the same -

I downloaded the program awhile back & finally got to play with it a few days ago. I got it up on my blog but I wasn't sure how to change the size & orientation once I got it there so now I know how to do that! I want it to be bigger than the 200x200 default size. Also you can download the Slide player to your desktop & all you do is open the slide program & drag & drop your files into the player & it automatically updates your feed. Its much easier than logging into their website everytime to add layouts!
    ~Shawna
    My Blog

Creating for:
    Amanda Heimann :: Melissa Bennett :: Kim Wresh

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! tamra's Avatar
    I'm SO going to do this ... sometime! I'm really too tired to fiddle with it now, but thanks for letting us know. Can't wait to do mine.

I so want to do this too! Doesn't Photobucket offer something similar?

**Creating for Lisa Whitney, Jacque Larsen, and Sweet Shoppe Designs**

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast