Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

July Template challenge

Okay, ladies, I hope you like pointy stuff because this template is full of triangles! I love to create patchwork backgrounds to make the most of the gorgeous papers our designers create.

Here's the link to download the template (in tif and psd formats). And here's the png and ungrouped psd file!

And this month's collab, "G'day, Mate!", is full of scromptuous textures and fabulous patterns, so it was the perfect opportunity to let them shine.

Here's a wonderful LO by Rachel, using "G'day, Mate!":

Enjoy!!

The fine print:
    • You must use at least 75% Digichick Goodies on your layout to qualify for points.
    • When you’ve finished your layout, come back to this post and leave a comment with a link to your layout. (Feel free to use our open gallery here at the Digichick if you need a place to upload your layout. We even have a spot just for challenge entries!)
    • Points and Deadlines: You will receive
    10 pts for every $1 spent in the TDC Boutique
    5 pts for every completed TDC Challenge layout completed by challenge deadline
    10 extra pts if you complete 6 or more challenges layouts within the month that they were posted
    2 pts for every layout posted in the TDC Products in Action gallery.
    The deadline for our July Challenges is Wednesday, July 31st, 11:59pm EST.
    Last edited by chloe; 07-11-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Wow, Chloe! Your template is incredible - so fun! Thank you!

Rachel, what a beautiful page too!

Such a fun template!
    Last edited by cardinalskate; 07-01-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Looooooove your LOs, girls!!! My graphic card passed away and I can't turn my computer on, but I'll soon be off to leave you the love you deserve in the gallery. In the meantime, forgive me if I drool !

Such a cool template - will have to go look at one of my Mum's quilts for colour inspiration - watch this space!

Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Thanks for the fun template Chloe! Here's mine:

OMGosh, Donna, such an adorable LO!!

How fun that is Donna!

Thanks ladies.... my grand niece... she's such a trip!

Looks like she definitely has some personality!!

Chloe - I'm having problems with the template. The triangle layers are grouped and I can't create clipping masks with my papers - am I doing something wrong?

Clhoe, I can't use as there are no PNGs, and (believe it or not, I can't cut triangles properly in my program
    I was gonna do this, love the temp, but not sure I ll be able to make it without a cutter
    Hugggzzz
    I wanted to go out and change the world....but couldn't get a babysitter.

Quote Originally Posted by coxabey View Post
    Chloe - I'm having problems with the template. The triangle layers are grouped and I can't create clipping masks with my papers - am I doing something wrong?
    Just to confirm that I am having the same problem - PSE doesn't use groups so we can't use them as clipping masks.

Oh, I didn't know about groups that don't work in PSE! Sorry ladies, I'll change it and re-upload a non-grouped version. And I'll try to get the png files too, so that other programs can use it too, but that might take me a bit longer!

Cool, Margie, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by chloe View Post
    Oh, I didn't know about groups that don't work in PSE! Sorry ladies, I'll change it and re-upload a non-grouped version. And I'll try to get the png files too, so that other programs can use it too, but that might take me a bit longer!
    I have PSE 9 and if I right click on the pencil icon in my layers panel and simplfy it, it allows me to clip paper to it. Not sure if this works in other versions of PSE, but I figured I'd throw it out there

Trip to Southeastern Montana

I couldn't clip to the arrows-so did the best I could with the template. Thanks so much. My Kind of Crazy kit I I My

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast