The DigiChick

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! mamakimberly's Avatar

what is the coolest thing you've learned this week?

I learned all about seamless tiling in PSP.

I'm embarassed to admit that in the past, I have lined each image up on my patterned papers I have made.... each little flower painstakingly put into its own spot.

I think I just saved 17 years of my life

Wife to Keith, Mom to Libby, 4 and Katie, 2 My Blog

That CS2 has a spell check!! I just found it today...:embaresse

Digi Chick STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! noralong's Avatar
    My favorite PSE trick I learned this week is ctrl+j = duplicate and if you hold the shift key while moving an item (even things like erasers!) it constrains it to a straight line!
    My sorry, sorry Blog

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    I learned how to create actions in PS, and how to "fix" them if I recorded them wrong. I feel so cool

I ♥ TDC! :) Hanging with the Chicks! Priscilla's Avatar
    can you show me and example of what you mean here? I am not 100% sure what you mean but it sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by mamakimberly

I'm embarassed to admit that in the past, I have lined each image up on my patterned papers I have made.... each little flower painstakingly put into its own spot.

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! mamakimberly's Avatar
    Priscilla,

Let's say you have 3 stripes you want to be 1/8" apart. I used to copy and paste a new layer each time and place them 1/8" apart. Now I make a 2x2 swatch and save it as a pattern.

Or if I wanted a flower to repeat every 1/4" I would have placed them individually. Now I do >effects >image effects >seamless tiling. It makes a perfect image that repeats as desired. I then save it as a pattern and do a flood fill with it.

Wife to Keith, Mom to Libby, 4 and Katie, 2 My Blog

how to set up my files to I can see the preview in eachfolder every time!
    Deanna
    deanna hall photography

Im so far behind in scrapping..its not FUNNY! its been over a year!:26:

One Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! scrapsandsass's Avatar
    Man... you guys all know so much! I'm jealous. I think that the only time I learn anything is from Jessica Sprague and her Photoshop Fridays. She did a cool one last week about blending modes. Now I just have to find the time to play with that.
    Kimberlee

*Avatar flourishes by Michelle Coleman

Quote Originally Posted by scrapsandsass
    Man... you guys all know so much! I'm jealous. I think that the only time I learn anything is from Jessica Sprague and her Photoshop Fridays. She did a cool one last week about blending modes. Now I just have to find the time to play with that.
    You should download itunes (free) and subscribe to podcasts! There are a bunch on photoshop that are really good!
    -ronna penner(scrapadelic)
    -photoshop tv (scott kelby)
    -2 minute killer tips (matt k.)

I have learned a ton from watching these. Ronna's is specifically for scrapbooking.

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! AndreaBurns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakimberly

ROFLOL!! I still do everything by hand... maybe that explains why I only do 1 kit a week.....

Quote Originally Posted by dubois598
    You should download itunes (free) and subscribe to podcasts! There are a bunch on photoshop that are really good!
    -ronna penner(scrapadelic)
    -photoshop tv (scott kelby)
    -2 minute killer tips (matt k.)

I have learned a ton from watching these. Ronna's is specifically for scrapbooking.
    Thanks so much for a great resource!
    Kimberlee

I don't think it's anything I really 'learned' but I did perfect turning up a corner of a piece of paper and running the AC Wild Tear action on just a corner of a paper.
    Honored to be creating for:
    *Gina Miller*~*Funky Playground Designs Site CT*~*Traci Murphy*~*Corina Nielson*~*Rachel Young*~*Chere Edwards*~

Can you listen to podcasts on the regular computer or do you have to have an iPod? I'm still in the dark ages with no iPod. Who am I kidding--Maggie is a nonstop soundtrack anyway, so I would never have time to listen to anything unless she was asleep!

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!

You can listen on your computer.
    Kimberlee

I ♥ TDC! :) Hanging with the Chicks! Priscilla's Avatar
    :embaresse

i cant do either of these

Quote Originally Posted by lovesher2boys
    I don't think it's anything I really 'learned' but I did perfect turning up a corner of a piece of paper and running the AC Wild Tear action on just a corner of a paper.

i learned that:
    alaskans are terrible drivers and
    anchorage really isn't "alaska" according to the man in the joint pipeline office, to see "alaska" one must trek through all manner of swampy muck (aka tundra in the summer) through swarms of mosquitos while making lots of noise to alert the bears that you are there and ready for dinner...
    ~amyjo~

**that's my blog - and there's cool stuff there**
    i have 176 pages done so far this year AND I started my PAPER altered art journal for Easter this year - 6 pages so far!!

LOL I can't listen unless dh and dd are sleeping! If you go to itunes.com they have a free player that you can download on the pc and then subscribe and download the podcasts to your pc. It is really easy, if you need help, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by maggieandmommy
    Can you listen to podcasts on the regular computer or do you have to have an iPod? I'm still in the dark ages with no iPod. Who am I kidding--Maggie is a nonstop soundtrack anyway, so I would never have time to listen to anything unless she was asleep!

Cool! Thanks, Michelle!

AmyJo, lol at announcing your presence for bear dinner! Are you back? Was it fun (aside from the trekking through the swamps and the hordes of mosquitos?)?

I didn't want to be left out, so here I am. Thanks, Pamie!