Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Lenses

New Lenses

So now that I have my D Rebel XT, and finished reading the manual, and taken some photos, I feel like I "need" new lenses. What should I get?
    Linda

Lunatic Ravings

ARE you bragging again about that camera? lol!!! I want a 50mm fixed lens and they are cheap only about 75 $
    ~~Andie~~

I've seen lots of recommendations for the lense that Andie mentioned. It is on my list of future purchases.

Kim

Me, bragging?!?!? Nah... LOL!

Yep, I've heard that too Kim. I definitely need that 50mm 1.8, I was just wondering if I needed a zoom first.

OK, here is what I'm going to be doing: taking photos of baby!! Baby and other squirmy, crazed children!!
    Linda

Lunatic Ravings

i dont use my zoom lens as much as i thought i would
    ~~Andie~~

What about Tamron lenses? Are they good? Better/worse than Nikkor?
    Thanks,
    . . .Heidi D. . .

blog: carnivorous vegetarian

mostly from what i've heard and my camera store owner has said is that third party lenses( tamron) are slower and that the optics are comparable but not the same
    Tanya

Nikon D70
    18mm-70 mm
    50 mm f/1.8

Photoshop CS 2

I got a canon camera just so i could have canon lens....they are some of the best!!! Look at photographers at any big news story and you will see a sea of canon lenses.

I was thinking about this today Linda...you could go rent a couple lenses for a weekend and see what one you liek the most (size wise)
    ~~Andie~~

Rats! Tamron has a gorgeous Digital zoom lens (18-200mm converts to 28-300 in 35mm), but Nikkor still hasn't released a digital version yet. If I go with Nikkor, I'd still need to get two lenses to get the same amount of zoom capability. Plus, I hate switching lenses! Takes time that sometimes I just don't have! Especially at sporting events or when I'm trying to catch natural action.
    . . .Heidi D. . .

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Andie~~
    I got a canon camera just so i could have canon lens....they are some of the best!!! Look at photographers at any big news story and you will see a sea of canon lenses.

I was thinking about this today Linda...you could go rent a couple lenses for a weekend and see what one you liek the most (size wise)

Let's not get into the Canon Vs. Nikon (Nikkor) debate LOL it could get ugly

jk
    Tanya

Nikon D70
    18mm-70 mm
    50 mm f/1.8

Photoshop CS 2

yha it could....or either or....its like being a yankees fan or a red sox fan no way to be both!
    ~~Andie~~

Now, Andie, if you REALLY want to get things heated up around here, I just DARE you to open that can of worms!
    . . .Heidi D. . .

Wink

i'm trying to be very diplomatic about canon being the best! lol!!!
    ~~Andie~~

i know but thats why you love me...I'm lovable trouble!
    ~~Andie~~

I would have to go with Tanya on this one.....I like Canon but I love Nikon. We have a 35mm Nikon and I love it.
    ~ Paula Duncan ~

~MY BLOG~
    ~MY GALLERY~

Quote Originally Posted by ~~Andie~~
    i'm trying to be very diplomatic about canon being the best! lol!!!

And I'm trying to pretend I'm brand loyal.. but you know Nikon has THE BEST color
    Tanya

Nikon D70
    18mm-70 mm
    50 mm f/1.8

Photoshop CS 2

I have the 50 mm lens mentioned & I really like it.

I also have the 28-135 mm IS lens-it is a little soft for my taste.

Right now my favorite lenses are my 70-200mm f4 L lens and my 200 mm f2.8 L lens. I bought the latter on ebay & the zoom from amazon.com. I would go for the best lens you can-I am sticking to the Canon lenses just because of the reviews I have read online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast