The DigiChick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ChristineS
    Guest Unregistered / Not Logged In

have you ever gotten an e-mail from ...

an old flame??? Emily was talking about getting blog hits from a local but I **just** received an e-mail from the last guy I dated before I married my darling hubby -- 15 years ago -- How incredible is that? It's only abut 10,000 times better than running into him at the grocery store looking like a hag or something, ROFL!!!

LOL! I HATE running into people that I haven't seen in ages when I'm not "prepared." LOL!!

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! RachelS's Avatar
    lol! i hear ya about running into people! i always run into someone i am not particularly interested in seeing when i look like garbage. for instance, i ran into my ex and his new wife one day after i had no sleep and was totally hungover. yuck!
    ~Rachel Solenberg
    My Gallery

ChristineS
    ooo rachel, OUCH!!!

yeah...
    ~Rachel Solenberg
    My Gallery

coffee, photography, and cute kids. who could ask for more? Administrator Charla's Avatar
    I got an email from an old flame about a year ago; he must have googled me and found out that I had gotten married, so wrote a congratulations email. I was so freaked out, and completely shocked. It took DH awhile to calm me down!

Rachel, that doesn't sound like fun either!

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Valgal's Avatar
    LOL, Rach! That would REALLLLY suck. Much better to be contacted by way of email

I was literally sitting at my kitchen table with John about 2 months before our wedding my ex called. Hadn't talked to him in a couple of years. He was calling to say that he was trying to decide if he was re-enlisting or not, and wondered if he had anything to come home to. I happily told him aobut John and I. Needless to say the last I heard he was still a U.S. Marine, lmao!

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! mamakimberly's Avatar
    Yes, I got an email from the guy I nearly married before marrying my sweetie!

He actually left it as a comment on my picturetrail like "hey, nice to see you, you have cute kids"

I was like WHAT?????

we emailed a few times, nothing special!

Wife to Keith, Mom to Libby, 4 and Katie, 2 My Blog

Weird! My ex-bf just emailed me today and left comments on one of my blogs a week ago. Not sure what's up with that! I still prefer email to running into someone - unless I happen to look good, then it's OK.

Dude! Check out my title. Hanging with the Chicks! rh_scrapbooker's Avatar
    I ran into my last ex-boyfriend (before my dh) while I was attending college as a 'returning student' to get my degree. I was wearing sweats, just coming from the cafeteria, and my hair was pulled back into a braid that was falling out. Worse yet, he recognized me, and he was with his wife.

To be honest, he was really nice. We still saw each other occasionally socially at parties with other friends (it was a very friendly breakup, as most of mine were), it's just at that point I hadn't seen him since he got married.

He passed away in 1997 - the first policeman to die in the line of duty in 19 years in the city I was living in. I did attend his funeral, along with all of our mutual friends - let me tell you, that was not fun due to the media circus surrounding his death, lots of politicians and grandstanding. He never would have wanted that.

Rachel

One Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! scrapsandsass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristineS
    an old flame??? Emily was talking about getting blog hits from a local but I **just** received an e-mail from the last guy I dated before I married my darling hubby -- 15 years ago -- How incredible is that? It's only abut 10,000 times better than running into him at the grocery store looking like a hag or something, ROFL!!!
    Sooooo??? Inquiring minds want to know... what did he have to say? Are you going to write him back? Sorry so nosey. :embaresse
    Kimberlee

*Avatar flourishes by Michelle Coleman

crazy busy chick Hanging with the Chicks! thequeenofquirk's Avatar
    well, i don't know what's worse...and ex beau or an ex-girlfriend.....colin had emailed all his friends about our marriage and little lara...well this girl he used to date (when he was taking pilot lessons) looked up his addy and called him on a whim to see if she could come over and hang out. (she was on a 4 hour layover). unfortunately, the idiot 'forgot' he was married and a father. she showed up with a bottle of wine....let's just say i jogged her memory REAL quick when i answered the door at 10 pm with lara on my hip. i was sweet as sugar, but that little tart was writhing in her seat! HA!

ok, i'm being mean...i'm sure she's very nice, i just couldn't be nice to the tall, hot, blonde who was showing up at my door for a booty call!

president, songbird avenue, inc.
    digital designs at twopeasinabucket.com

ChristineS
    OK, yeah, I did e-mail back -- I am a terribly curious person and just couldn' stand it! Also, the "breakup" was friendly (as far as I can remember now, LOL -- 15 years laters). He replied this a.m. -- He still lives locally, married for 8 yrs ... three kids (new baby a week ago)....also, he admitted to googling me .... (flattered or freaked out? I dunno)

Jan, after what you said, I realized I should never even consider having coffee in person or anything else like that, fun though it would be. I mean, I am VERY happily married and would absolutely NEVER do anything to jeopardize that. (I told dh right away that I had received the e-mail). But I can't speak for the ex-, right? An emotional affair is a nasty thing as well. If I found out that my husband was doing an internet search on an old girlfriend right after I had our third baby, well .... UGH. That would be BAD.

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Valgal's Avatar
    OMG Jan! I would've DIED. I'm telling you our men are CLUELESS sometimes.

Chatty Super Star Users Awaiting Email Confirmation MarshaZepeda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jan
    well, i don't know what's worse...and ex beau or an ex-girlfriend.....colin had emailed all his friends about our marriage and little lara...well this girl he used to date (when he was taking pilot lessons) looked up his addy and called him on a whim to see if she could come over and hang out. (she was on a 4 hour layover). unfortunately, the idiot 'forgot' he was married and a father. she showed up with a bottle of wine....let's just say i jogged her memory REAL quick when i answered the door at 10 pm with lara on my hip. i was sweet as sugar, but that little tart was writhing in her seat! HA!

ok, i'm being mean...i'm sure she's very nice, i just couldn't be nice to the tall, hot, blonde who was showing up at my door for a booty call!
    *gasp* OH my goodness!!!!! ROFLOL! Girl, you handled it pretty darn well! I think I would of told her, "Who? Oh, you must have the wrong house... but I'll take the wine so I can smack dh over the head with it!" hee hee!!!! Too funny. Some nerve, eh?

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks!
    so far thats never happened to me. i do run into a lot of people from my past on myspace. no ex's tho lol. (so far)
    Tara
    My blog

Rock STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! AndreaBurns's Avatar
    I got one about a year ago too.... it was this cryptic message saying to call him... weird. So I wrote back and subtley let him know I was married and had Seth...

Never heard back from him. Humph.

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Laura_A's Avatar
    I've had a few ex-s (and I mean just guys I dated... there are only 2 REAL exs..but I was never engaged before Jaime) contact me after finding me on that HS reunion site. It's wierd to hear from them... especially since they're all married with kids. HUH? WHY are they contacting me?

Here's a great one about Jaime's ex though. Long story short... she was crazy! Honestly... she tried pretty much 'til the day we got married to get him back. Anyway, Jaime was very close to her parents. They lived about 2 hours away from where the wedding was, but they all came just the same. Anyway, we stayed in a local hotel on our wedding night and I'll give you 1 guess who we just happened to run into on our way into the hotel? You betcha... his ex! They were conveniently staying in the same hotel we were. Mind you, we did not live in a small town... there were hundreds of hotels to choose from... hmmmm. Makes ya wonder right?

Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! jencaputo's Avatar
    Chris, I hear from my exes way too often.. they love to email me and leave comments on my blogs.. drives my boyfriend nuts...

i am actually good friends with one of my exes. it wasn't a very serious relationship or anything and we just decided we would be better as friends. it drives DH nuts though cuz if my friend/ex Jeff is having a hard time, he calls me a lot to talk. DH hates it. we don't talk too often but he's still one of the only friends i have, KWIM?
    ~Rachel Solenberg
    My Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast