The DigiChick

More Random Questions :)

You guys are such a huge help!

1. When I resize my 12x12 or letter sized, 300 dpi, pages in PS 7 the drop shadows are always distorted. I resize them to 500x500 or 500x375 and 300 dpi. I've tried the save to the web and the resize wizard with no luck. Any advice??

2. I've been making quite a few kits lately and my stuff always looks so...drab(I don't know how else to describe it!!). I notice it especially when I distress or sand stuff. I want that bright, crisp, good quality look...any ideas there?

3. Anybody have a good tut or advice for the chipboard stuff that seems popular lately?

Thanks again
    Whitney

Hanging with the Chicks!
    I don't know about the second two, but for the first, are you resizing your original PSD or a flattened JPG/TIFF file? I find if I resize my PSD, it can do odd things with sizing, so I always save a flattened copy and then do my web resizing on that one. HTH

I never thought of that!! I bet that's it Thanks!

Whitney

oh Lauren, that is a thought.

I do have issues with colors thing. It only happens when I save to the web, but not if I just resize it myself and save it as a jpeg. Uhm...
    Linda

Lunatic Ravings

Something interesting to note is what is your color space? while adobe RGB has a larger gamut of colors it isn't supported on most websites, message boards, and forums. If you thought your colors looked beautiful and your black and whites awesome and after posting online they looked quite off it is quite possibly that it is your color space. You need to make sure your items are saved for sRGB to be more color space compliant
    Tanya

Nikon D70
    18mm-70 mm
    50 mm f/1.8

Photoshop CS 2

Oh thank you Tanya. Off to go check on that right now!
    Linda

Lunatic Ravings