The DigiChick

Chatty Super Star Users Awaiting Email Confirmation MarshaZepeda's Avatar

Help me PLEASE!!! :)

Okay, my text tool is acting wacky on me... and I'm getting frustrated. I know that it's probably something very easy but I can NOT figure it out right now, lol! It was working fine but now all of a sudden, when I click the text tool on my layout, all I see is a little black square. When I type, I can 'see' the text in my layers pallette but the layout remains empty. When I try to 'move' it, I can't because ps tells me it's 'empty'... ? Sounds retarded, huh? Have any of you ever ran into this? What did you do?

Red Head Chick Hanging with the Chicks! holly's Avatar
    You've tried rebooting your computer too? Hmmm, caps lock isn't on....hmmmm....I've never encountered before.
    Holly McCaig

happy to be a chick Hanging with the Chicks! MariKoegelenberg's Avatar
    I had a similar problem with PSP using my shadow tool, it said it did a shadow but did'nt even show a preview of it. When I closed the program and restarted my computer everything was fine again. Maybe just a minor bug in the program?

Super Chick Hanging with the Chicks! ~~Andie~~'s Avatar
    are you using CS.....they released the program too early due to customer demand...and there are a ton of bugs
    ~~Andie~~

Yeah, I'm actually using CS2... I just 'started up' my comp again so I'm going to try it one more time... thanks everyone! I'll let you know if I figure it out...

I'm having the exact same problem in PSE3! So strange!!!
    I'll try rebooting and see if that helps.
    Kim

Okay - got it to work... here's what I did. I opened my 'canvas' and typed something on it (and of course it was nothing...) then I opened it in image ready, typed on it and saved it. When I re-opened it in ps, viola, my text tool came back! Strange, I know... but hey, it worked! lol! (I don't know if you could try something like that yourself, Kim...)