The DigiChick

Always a Chick Hanging with the Chicks! Edhish's Avatar

Finally after 1 year!!

Finally I'm not breastfeeding anymore .. so glad and proud of my DS. He is 1 year and I managed to stop him only in 3 days !!!

With my DD, I have to use a cough medicin to cheat.. LOL , I put on my breast and when she wanted to breastfeed she refused cause of the taste & the smell..
    and I need like 2 weeks to calm her down..

But not this time.. yipiieee

ChristineS
    Guest Unregistered / Not Logged In
    I'd give HUGE money to be ABLE to BF for 1.5 years -- usually it is HARD for us. I'm glad you are doing so well with your little boy

Funky Chickster Hanging with the Chicks! ~ashleigh's Avatar
    That's awesome, not just that the weaning went so well, but that you were able to go so long. I was never able to work it out , so I can really appreciate the effort it takes!!
    ~ashleigh
    ~*my gallery*~

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Rynonut Mom's Avatar
    Yeah - me too on for that long - LOL!
    But - congrats!!! That's really cool for both reasons, too!

Quote Originally Posted by ChristineS
    I'd give HUGE money to be ABLE to BF for 1.5 years -- usually it is HARD for us. I'm glad you are doing so well with your little boy
    thanks girl.. I'm happy to now..

Quote Originally Posted by ~ashleigh
    That's awesome, not just that the weaning went so well, but that you were able to go so long. I was never able to work it out , so I can really appreciate the effort it takes!!
    Thanks girl.. with my DD took me almost 2 years... well that is why a bit hard to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynonut Mom
    Yeah - me too on for that long - LOL!
    But - congrats!!! That's really cool for both reasons, too!
    LOL... thanks girl

Congrats on your new bit of freedom!
    Happily Creating For:
    Scrapbook Graphics::CatScrap:rima Hybrid

Praise Queen Hanging with the Chicks! Laura_A's Avatar
    YAY, congrats. My girls were SO different. It was SO HARD the whole time with Riley and she wheened herself at 6 months... literally over night... OUCH. Regan was so easy from the start and I nursed her for 22 months (which I always thought was way too long lol). Of course at the end it was just a few minutes before bed, but it was nice after so long to have my body back. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Laura_A
    YAY, congrats. My girls were SO different. It was SO HARD the whole time with Riley and she wheened herself at 6 months... literally over night... OUCH. Regan was so easy from the start and I nursed her for 22 months (which I always thought was way too long lol). Of course at the end it was just a few minutes before bed, but it was nice after so long to have my body back. LOL
    Thanks Laura.. 22 months it's quite long too yeah..
    Is that true that after BF we can have our body back?? I thought when u BF you are loosing weight??

Btw, Now I have a problem.. my right breast is swollen.. :34:
    My DS drink too much at the right side.. and it's so pain and it can't be touched at all
    I don't want to pump it because it will reproduce the milk .. I can't sleep and I just compressed it using a warm towel ..

Any of you have this problem too?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKaye
    Congrats on your new bit of freedom!
    yapp and i can now go out with my girlfriends :party:

{{{{hugs}}} hope you won't get too much engorgement. And remember to jot down the date!!! I didn't when I weaned DD1 at around 14-15 mths...but I sure will when it's time for DD2.
    *~*karen*~*

~~~> Click HERE for a good time <~~~

Good for you!!! I nursed both of my boys past a year (17 months with Jack and 15 with Henry) and, like Luara was saying, it was just a few minutes before bedtime at the very end. But it was always my fear that it would be difficult.
    And enjoy your new "freedom!!" LOL!

ChristineS
    Guest Unregistered / Not Logged In
    engorgement -- warm packs, warm showers and pain relief meds like tylenol or advil are what I used. I also had one that was a VERY lopsided feeder!