The DigiChick

Digi Chick STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! noralong's Avatar

What a girl wants...

You know, I have thought about posting this for a while, even though we have talked about it before, I think it is interesting to see what the deal maker fis to get you to purchase a kit. I am not a designer, so there aren't any sneaky motives here.

For me, first I always am attracted to kits with yellows in it. Then, if it has an alpha, preferably with both cut and uncut versions, I am warming up. But the real deal maker for me, I hate to admit, is harlequin print papers. I don't know why, but I just love having those harlequin papers!
    My sorry, sorry Blog

Color always draws me in to a kit, especially unique color combos. I love stripes and dots for patterns and I also like coordinating solids. I like kits with lots of different elements.
    Rachael Giallongo **
    Blogging at RachaelGiallongo.com

Dude! Check out my title. Hanging with the Chicks! rh_scrapbooker's Avatar
    Colors first (patterned papers and solids please)
    Then elements (I want to see at least one ribbon)
    Then alpha

Always a Chick Hanging with the Chicks! AngelinaS's Avatar
    Usually color, then really well-done and unique embellishments. I especially love to get word art in a kit. I also really enjoy just being able to pick up embellishment packs, separate alphas, etc. It takes a lot for me to plunk down cash for something, but for whatever reason, I don't mind a couple of dollars for embellishment packs. I also love mini kits with just a few great pieces and papers.
    Angelina

Once a chick, always a chick!

MY BLOG
    www.angelhousephotography.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by InLoveWithDOTS
    Color always draws me in to a kit, especially unique color combos. I love stripes and dots for patterns and I also like coordinating solids. I like kits with lots of different elements.
    Yep - what she said!! Unique color combos are always great! And great alphas are a sure deal-closer for me!

One Hot Chick! Hanging with the Chicks! scrapsandsass's Avatar
    For me, I notice the papers first. Textures, patterns and colors. I love the artsy/altered look (like IOD or Jackie Eckles). And there is that texture that I don't even know how to describe... but Jen Wilson is doing it and Holly McCaig as well. Kind of a soft/fuzzy/worn feeling... I hestitate to call it grunge, but maybe it is.

But there are a lot of times I won't buy a kit if the embellishments aren't doing it for me. I'm not a big ribbon/photo corners kinda gal. I like different and/or quirky things. Like Jan's Danse Macabre kit and Andrea's Downtown Chic... both had really cool/unique elements that I hadn't seen in other kits but could definitely see using.

Brushes are a huge thing for me. If there are cool brushes/stamps, it always catches my eye. I'm with Angelina on the embellishment packs. Sometimes it seems like there aren't enough out there with just generic items. (Maybe I'm just not finding them though.)

My tastes have changed a LOT lately... it is kind of funny because there are kits that I was sooooo excited about several months ago and now I wonder if I'll ever use them.

It is interesting to me because this is such a new industry and it will be cool to see the future directions. It's also cool to see what interests other people because there are always such a range of things in the gallery.
    Kimberlee

*Avatar flourishes by Michelle Coleman

For me it's colors first too and then elements. The papers don't really attract me at all. AS a matter of fact often I don't even look at the paper only because I often change papers or make my own because I'm never happy with papers only because they never seem to go with my pictures (not because I don't like the papers). BUT I hate making elements so I'm really attracted to elements more than anything. That's why I hate kits that have very few elements.

Here, there and everywhere!! Digital Creative Chick chloe's Avatar
    I'm usually attracted by colors, but when I make the thumbnail bigger, I watch out textures really carefully. I love thos kits that seem "touchable", soft or grainy, but that look "real".

It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you. Hanging with the Chicks! YvetteSanders's Avatar
    colors and alphas for me, has to be something really original, otherwise I'd just make it myself!

Yvette

Kits with fantastic flowers are my thing right now. I also love it when a kit includes coordinating stitches.

elements, elements, and elements...are what attract me. I have papers that I love and could use over and over but I am ALWAYS on a hunt for new and exciting elements to have.....
    ~ Darla ~

♥ Also Creating for ♥ SSD

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! Kat Stokes's Avatar
    Colors are definitely first on my list. Then I would have to say that I love to have ribbons and stitching in the kits I buy. I hardly ever use the alphas...
    Kathi
    Proudly Creating For:
    Christy Lyle ~ Julie Billingsley
    Jennifer Fox ~ Nikki Epperson

Chatty Chick Hanging with the Chicks! bellbird's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d2vasquez
    elements, elements, and elements...are what attract me. I have papers that I love and could use over and over but I am ALWAYS on a hunt for new and exciting elements to have.....
    took the words outta my mouth Darla; element packs are what i always unzip first if i've bought a kit; but i'm also a texture fanatic with papers and love a good alpha that i can see working with a heap of LO's regardless of the kit. I'm into digital 'realness' at the moment (ie. it's not an obvious scan of a paper scrapping supply)
    - Justine
    Proud to design for: :

Quote Originally Posted by scrapsandsass
    For me, I notice the papers first. Textures, patterns and colors. I love the artsy/altered look (like IOD or Jackie Eckles). And there is that texture that I don't even know how to describe... but Jen Wilson is doing it and Holly McCaig as well. Kind of a soft/fuzzy/worn feeling... I hestitate to call it grunge, but maybe it is.
    i feel dumb but who is Jackie Eckles - where does she sell at? can u link me to any of your LOs using her stuff
    - Justine

Little Chickie Hanging with the Chicks! karebear821's Avatar
    I would say that I am also an element girl. When push comes to shove, I could probably create a paper that I need in a pinch, but those elements. . . many of those would be really tough to create. The work of the designers is just so incredible.
    ~*Karen*~

My Blog

don't worry - i googled Jackie Eckles - if anyone else is clueless like me, she's with Katie pERTEIT AT designerdigitals - sorry about caps
    - Justine

Digi Chick STAR! Hanging with the Chicks! noralong's Avatar
    Oh! I love Katie Pertiet! I wasn't aware she had 2 signatures!
    My sorry, sorry Blog

I'm attracted to certain colors and then elements. Also cool alphas. And being on sale certainly helps.

**Creating for Lisa Whitney, Jacque Larsen, and Sweet Shoppe Designs**